Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 32:51 — 30.4MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS | More
Remember last week’s show (Ep. 145: How Your Phone Can Help You Focus) when we asked you to look at your phone usage data? What did you discover?
Were you amazed at the amount of time you spend on social media? And, the times of day you’re on it?
We all know that social platforms like Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter (and many others!) can be black holes of time and attention for anyone—especially those of us with ADHD.
But they can also bring us entertainment, connection to others, and a place to promote our businesses and work.
So is there a way to approach social media that allows us the best of the good stuff while minimizing the potentially harmful stuff?
Here’s a well-thought-out strategy for using social media intentionally with ADHD. Even if you’ve mastered this or don’t use the platforms at all, there’s something for you!
After you tune in, keep learning about ADHD with:
- Part 1 of social media: Episode 145: How Your Phone Can Help You Focus
- Episode 124: Foundations of Fabulous Focus
- Episode 100: Your Front Burner Focus
- Episode 83: Favorite Focusing Hacks
- Dana’s blog: A New Look at Focusing (ADHD Brain Switch)
- Dana’s blog: My Favorite Tools For Improving Focus with ADHD