Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 30:20 — 28.1MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS | More
To be able to focus at will is arguably the “Holy Grail” of ADHD.
But what does it even look like? Does it mean focusing on the shiny? Or perhaps our favorite distractions?
Nope. Focusing at will means 3 things:
- Being able to turn on your focus when you want to…. intentionally
- Being able to focus on the right thing
- Being able to shift focus away from the thing when you want to.
Of course, this is the opposite of how ADHD operates. We often can’t get into focus at all. Or we focus on the interesting and exciting while neglecting the necessary. Or we hyperfocus and can’t easily shift.
Medication can make a big difference, but there are other things we can do!
In this episode of the Kick Some ADHD podcast, we dig deeper into some of the focusing hacks we’ve mentioned previously and explore some of our favorite methods to help create the right kind of focus on the right thing… on demand:
Which focusing hack will you put on your front burner this week? Sound off in the comments for this episode: https://kicksomeadhd.com/083#respond
Keep learning with:
- Dana’s blog: Got ADHD? Focusing on Priorities isn’t Rocket Science
- Dana’s blog: My Favorite Tools For Improving Focus with ADHD
- Episode #8: Build Your Focus Muscle, Part 1
- Episode #9: Build Your Focus Muscle, Part 2