Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 30:26 — 28.2MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS | More
With ADHD, is there a way for you to engage with something—even if it’s boring—and then see it through to the end? Not because there’s an impending deadline or you’ve tricked yourself into hyper-focusing on it, but just because it’s worthwhile to do?
The answer might just surprise you!
But then again, if you’ve listened to this podcast for a while, then perhaps not.
What does fabulous focus even look like? It involves:
- Getting started on a task or project (often the hardest part for us)
- Sustaining momentum once we get going, which means not getting blown off course by distractions, interruptions, and the breaks we sometimes must take
- Finishing, which means truly seeing something through all the way to the end
The foundation we need to build for this kind of focus may look a little different for each of us, but by the end of this episode, you’ll know how to go about constructing yours!
After you listen in to this episode, switch your focus to the following to keep learning more about ADHD:
- Episode 100: Your Front Burner Focus
- Episode 83: Favorite Focusing Hacks
- Dana’s blog: A New Look at Focusing (ADHD Brain Switch)
- Dana’s blog: My Favorite Tools For Improving Focus with ADHD