You’ve heard them—popular misconceptions about ADHD that you just know have to be false. Yet enough people believe these ideas that some of them really do rise to the level of mythology.
And frankly, some of them just piss us right off!
Here’s the good news: you don’t have to wonder if they’re true or not anymore. We’ve located the research that debunks these ridiculous notions (some of which we ourselves even believed at one point or another). Here are just a few that we discuss:
- ADHD is not real
- Everyone has a little ADHD
- Only kids have ADHD
- People with ADHD are doomed to a life of failure
- ADHD meds are addicting
- and more!
Want to keep learning? Check out:
- Dana’s blog: The ADHD Myth: Just Try Harder
- Dana’s blog: What Happens When I Break ADHD Time Management Rule #1
- Episode 15: Avoiding ADHD Landmines
- Episode 112: ADHD Antics & Anecdotes